25/06/2013

Some Recent Postcards

These aren't all of the postcards I've received recently; rather, they are some of my favourites. Also included are a couple that I sent.


This one's from Malaysia. I believe I squeed out loud upon seeing this.


The Finnish sub-forum has all kinds of fun stuff, one of them being a Mini Round Robin with loads of different groups. I sent the following two in for an "axe to grind" group where you choose a number of postcards that you want for yourself. The organiser sends these postcards to the participants, who then write them and send them off to their respective owners.

Art by Francis Bacon. My taste is a bit odd sometimes.
I'm afraid the Doctor was chewed on by the Finnish Mail Monster. :(



I did a swap on the forum with someone requesting ship-related cards in exchange for any one of the cards they have up for that purpose. Due to an inability to pick one, I gave her a few of my favourites and she chose from those. Quite pleased with what I received. :)

The Swan of Finland
"Young Freya" by Alena Kudryashova
 

Look at this card! It's just... fabulous. I love it.


From Germany! This is the sender's own photograph and poem.


Handmade postcard to someone in the States who likes postcards crafted from recycled materials. There are a couple of clippings from a newspaper, part of a tea bag carton, and some old 10-penny coins.



Give a Word, Get a Card #9. The words were "fluffy" and "colourful", and I believe I delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment