22/05/2013

Whoso List to Paint

Shameless modification of the title of one of the first English-language sonnets? Check.

There are times when I like to bring out the acrylics and try to create something even halfway decent with them. Now, with warm weather having finally arrived and less than two weeks until the end of May, I have done so. I'll probably go to Helsinki for most of the summer, and I won't be dragging the painting supplies with me. Still, I'm going to squeeze in as much time with the paints and brushes as I can. I will be able to continue for most of September, I suppose, but still. That's only a few weeks altogether.

This is what I started on... well, it was yesterday at this point.


  

Originally, it was supposed to be a flower on water. Then I saw a shape take form in the blue and lo, it became something quite different. I think it's a dragon's eye. We'll see what the finished product ends up looking like; I shall continue tonight. Probably. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment