22/07/2013

Lomography

Lomography is a term that some people have begun to use to distinguish analogue photography from digital, the latter being pretty much the norm these days when one speaks of photography.

I haven't done lomography much since the parentals bought our first digital camera; the one significant instance was when I took my dad's old Asahi Pentax with me to Oulu in 2009 and shot a couple of rolls. Still, I do like using film. It has its own challenges, but definitely also its rewards. That is why I take a chance when I am given one. Marc was gracious enough to allow me the use of one of his analogue cameras back in May, when I was brought to Helsinki to keep Laura company while he was away on a business trip. Some of the pictures ended up being kind of a "meh" quality, but other shots were quite successful. Yesterday, I finally managed to scan a few.


That face is frickin' priceless.

She's a biter, this girl.


Time for honesty? This photo is making it easier for me to accept Marc. I'm also warming up to him via interaction, but this does have a little bit of an effect.

These fellows were brilliant!

We saw a street magician. He was pretty good, and funny to boot.



...and then he made an orange appear under his hat out of thin air.


No comments:

Post a Comment