05/07/2014

Hyvinkää Revisited (Photo Post)

I just spent a few days with Laura in Hyvinkää, the place where I grew up. My relationship with the place is a tad...strange.

I used to feel angry and bitter towards not only the people, but the town itself, yet still harbour a sort of grudging fondness. These days, it's mostly the latter.









This wasn't the first time I have gone back there, nor will it be the last. I'm already discovering much more hidden charms now that I can see with a more objective eye.

One thing that hasn't changed much is my love for this library. I used to carry stacks and stacks of books home and then in no time go right back for more.

There is an actual mall in the town now, right next to the library. I wasn't too sure what to think of this at first, but I suppose growth is a good thing. The mall itself isn't bad, either, although I'm kind of worried that it will sooner or later completely make redundant Jussintori. It is one of the many scattered little clutters of shops that I used to think of as mini-malls.

Somehow I feel like this cat is not too impressed with its hometown, whatever its improvements in the last decade or so.

Since Laura is taking a Spanish course this month, I got to spend a little quality time with this bugger...

...but mum is always the best human in Oodi's mind, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment